Many thanks to all who submitted photos.
The QUIC runs this annual contest to share the diversity of student experience, some of the amazing student talent and the many facets of international education. The contest invites current Queen's University international students and to students who studied abroad / had an international experience.
- Landscape and Nature
- Expressions of Culture
- Student Life
- Critical Global Issues
Terms and Conditions:
- The Contest is now closed and will re-open in 2025.
- Students may submit up to 2 photos PER PERSON.
- By submitting their photo(s), entrants consent that they have read and understood these Terms and Conditions.
- Photos must be taken by you within the last 3 years.
- Each high-resolution photo must be submitted with your full name, your Queen's University email address, the Category (eg 'Expressions of Culture'), the photo's title (eg 'Sunset in the Desert'), location and when taken (eg 'Saudi Arabia, 2023'), and a short description or story (eg 5 sentences) on why you have taken the photo, what does it mean to you, etc.
- Photos from Kingston and Canada are welcome.
- When choosing photos, students are advised to consider issues of privacy, respect, dignity and potential vulnerability of the individuals depicted.
- By submitting your photo, you are confirming that general consent of individuals in the image was obtained when their photo was taken by you.
- QUIC reserves the right not to consider any entry it deems to be inappropriate.
- Students who entered the Contest may be asked for more information or clarification of their submission if needed.
- By the means of participation in the Contest, students are giving their consent for their name, study program, photo description and the image to be shared/published.
- QUIC reserves the right to use all or part of winning photos in promotional materials, websites and social media.
- Shortlisted photos will be published on QUIC social media for People’s Choice Prize vote.
- Winning photos may be published on QUIC and University media to promote international education and showcase student creativity.
- QUIC is not responsible for low resolution, damaged, incomplete, lost or late entries.
- Entrants release the QUIC from liability in connection with the production of photo(s).
This is an annual contest. View the winning photos from past years on Flickr galleries.