International Student Advisors (ISAs)
ISAs provide immigration and cultural advice, guidance, and information to assist in your transition to studying at Queen’s and living in Kingston. We specialize in supporting international students, new Canadians, permanent residents, and their families. We can assist with the following, and more:
- Learning to navigate the local and academic cultures of Kingston and Queen’s
- Feelings of homesickness, loneliness, and isolation
- Understanding and accessing health services
ISAs are Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors (RISIA) that can provide you with information on immigration regulations as they relate to your studies in Canada, including:
- Study permits
- Eligibility to work on or off campus
- Visitor visas
- Spousal work permits
- Pathways to permanent residency
- Assists with issues related to cultural adaptation
- Provides information sessions
- Offers confidential one-on-one counselling
- Appointments: email Cross-Cultural Counsellor Arunima Khanna, or call 613-533-2506.
Students may also schedule a session with E.L Adams, a clinical and educational psychologist in the Kingston community, who offers one-on-one and group counselling for Black-identified students. You can request a session by emailing E.L Adams.
The Career Educator & Coach can support you whether you are looking for a job, considering further education, or making career decisions. You can learn more about the supports that Career Services offer below.
- Drop-in Advising is offered in-person and via Zoom on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1 PM – 2 PM. Please refer to the QUIC Events Calendar for details, including the Zoom link.
- Individual 30-minute appointments are held both at QUIC and at Career Services (Gordon Hall, 3rd floor) and can be booked through QUIC Booking Page or MyCareer portal.
- Career Services workshops and events are open to all students. Use the MyCareer portal to view various offerings and to register.
For questions related to immigration topics, such as work and study permits, please meet with our RISIA certified ISAs during QUIC Drop-in Advising, who can support you with all of your immigration-related questions and concerns.