Travel & Guest Visas

Visiting Other Countries 

QUIC cannot advise on visa requirements for other countries. If you are planning to visit, study, or work outside of Canada, please visit the embassy website for the country you’ll be visiting and review the entry requirements. If you are going to study abroad or work at a company in another country, you should check with the embassy to see if they can assist you with visa requirements. In most cases, they can. 

Inviting Guests to Visit Canada 

If your family or friends wish to visit you in Canada, they may need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) at their closest Canadian Consulate

On the Canadian Consulate’s visiting visa instruction page, you will find a list of documents required from you (the inviter) and the visitor (the applicant). 

In order to assist your family/friends with their TRV application, you should send them the following supporting documents: 

  • Invitation letter written by you 
  • Photocopy of your study or work permit 
  • Proof of your current registration as a Queen's student  
    • Get a free Verification of Enrolment from SOLUS.  If there is an issue with that document, you can visit the Office of the University Registrar on the lower level of Gordon Hall
    • DO NOT use your Verification of Enrolment from SOLUS to apply for a study permit extension. For extending study permits, request a letter (sample - PDF, 6 KB) from the Registrar. They will provide you with a customized letter to confirm your current enrolment and your planned graduation date, which is required by Immigration Canada for study permit extension applications
  • Photocopy of your passport 

 All of the above are typically required by Canadian Consulates for your guest's trip. More detailed instructions may be available from local visa offices. It’s important that you check your local Canadian visa office website and follow the instructions there.