Arrival to Canada
– For the new iCent Travel App information click here.
– Review the Current Government of Canada Travel Announcements before travelling to Canada.
– Follow updated direction from the Safe Return website.
– Current pandemic restrictions imposed by the Government of Ontario are posted here.
Regular business hours for the International Centre are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, located in Mitchell Hall.
|Drop-in Advising for International Students and Staff is provided by the QUIC in person and virtually between 10:00 – 11:00 am and between 2:00 – 3:00 pm Mondays – Thursdays. For virtual access link by Zoom click here.|
QUIC’s International Student Advisors (ISAs) understand the unique experiences that international students, and newcomers to Canada, can have as they start their studies and build their lives in a new country. We are here to provide you with advice/guidance/information to assist in your transition to studying at Queen’s and living in Kingston. We specialize in supporting international students, new Canadians, Permanent Residents, and their families. We can assist with the following and more:
- Learning to navigate the local and academic culture of Queen’s and Kingston;
- Feelings of homesickness, loneliness and isolation;
- Understanding and accessing health services;
- Learning about how beautiful Canadian weather can be;
QUIC ISAs are Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors and can provide you with information on immigration regulations as they relate to your studies in Canada, including:
- Study permits;
- Working on or off campus eligibility;
- Visitor Visa;
- Spousal Work Permits;
- QUIC’s ISAs are also available by email.
- 1:1 confidential online or in person appointments can be arranged in addition to the drop-in schedule on the ICent app if needed, however, please utilize the confidential drop-in advising time slots as much as possible.
To learn about upcoming workshops and events, please see the QUIC’s calendar.
Page updated: December 2022