QUIC believes that sharing the excitement of your international experiences with others is an important step in the building of understanding, appreciation and enjoyment across cultures, whether you are an international student commenting on your impression of life in Canada, or a Canadian student who had an invaluable experience abroad.
Students are invited to submit 1 – 2 photos.
Suggested file size: 1MB.
Last day to send photos: January 31, 2020.
Prizes for winning photos are valued between $100 and $25.
In your email submission, you must include your full name, study program (e.g. ArtSci’22), photo’s title (e.g. Sunset in the Dunes), and a short description (60 – 90 words).
The Contest categories are:
- People & Culture
- Landscape & Nature
- Home away from Home
- Critical Global Issues
Terms and Conditions:
- This is student contest. Prior to the deadline, any student currently enrolled at Queen’s may submit 1 – 2 photos PER PERSON.
- The Contest is open to exchange students, including students who are currently abroad.
- By submitting your photo you are confirming that general consent of individuals in the image was obtained when their photo was taken by you.
- When choosing which photos to submit to the contest, students are advised to carefully consider issues of privacy, respect, dignity and potential vulnerability of the individuals depicted.
- QUIC reserves the right not to consider any entry it deems to be inappropriate.
- Students who entered the Contest may be asked for more information or clarification if necessary.
- Required: Short description describing why you took the photo/sharing the meaning of the subject (please submit 60 – 90 words in your email with photos).
- The descriptions will be published along with winning photos.
- By the means of participation in the Contest, students are giving their consent for their name, degree designation, photo description and the image to be publicly shared/published.
- QUIC reserves the right to use all or part of winning photos in promotional materials, websites and social media.
- By submitting photo(s), entrants consent that they have read and understood the terms & conditions, and release QUIC from all liability in connection with the production of photo(s).
- QUIC is not responsible for low resolution (less than 1 MB), damaged, incomplete, lost or late entries.
- Photo re-submissions from past years will not be accepted.
Not sure which photos to choose from your albums for Contest submission? Are you looking for inspiration? Winning entries from past years are available on Flickr.