Academic Expectations at Queen’s
Are you experiencing academic culture shock? Learn tips and strategies for making a successful academic transition to Queen’s in our online tutorials:
Did you know that by completing the overcoming academic culture shock tutorials and some additional requirements, you can earn a certificate? Get more information about the Academic Connections Certificate or register now OnQ!
Are you interested in other programs and services that can support your academic success?
- Get free, individualized support from the experts at SASS.
- Is English an additional language for you? SASS offers 1:1 English language appointments where you can develop your academic English skills. Book now!
- Want to improve your academic skills and confidence? Make an academic skills appointment with a specialist who can coach you in different strategies, skills, and mindsets for learning. Book now!
- Want to improve your academic writing? Join Write It, a weekly interactive writing workshop where we focus on sentence-level choices.
- Want to increase your confidence speaking in academic settings? Join Speak Up, an academic presentation skills lab where we learn and practice strategies for effectively presenting academic work.
- Check out the podcast, International Voices at Queen’s, a supportive listening space where we talk about topics like culture shock and developing your authorial voice. Listen on CFRC, or subscribe on Spotify , Apple, or wherever you listen to podcasts!