What is the QUIC, and how can you benefit from its programs and services? Who works at the QUIC? Knowing your campus resources and opportunities early on in your Queen’s experience could make a positive difference in your transition and finding a new home in Kingston.
YOUR ACADEMIC SUCCESS
The Intercultural Academic Support Coordinator as they show you how to use the Student Academic Success Website and all the supports available.
Join the Academic Skills Support Coordinator to learn about English as an Additional Language (EAL) Supports that are offered through SASS, and how they partner with QUIC. Get answers to these questions and more:
- What is EAL support?
- What can I expect at a 1:1 EAL appointment?
- What other supports are there for EAL students?
JOB SEARCH, WORKING IN CANADA
Learn about career supports and resources available to international students, including:
MOVING TO KINGSTON
Banking in Canada and things to consider when deciding which bank to use.
- Are Banks safe?
- Which plan is right for me?
- What do I need to set up my account?
- Can I set up my account from overseas?
Cell phones/Mobile Phone plans. How much does a cellphone plan cost? What are the “big three”?
- Can I get a new SIM or do I need a new phone?
- Can I use my current plan in Canada?
YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE
This series of Videos will answer your questions about Health Insurance in Ontario.
- What services are covered by the UHIP health insurance?
- How about supplemental insurance?
- How do I enroll in UHIP?
- I am not studying in Ontario – how do I opt out of UHIP?