Clinics for Income Tax Help at QUIC
Queen’s University International Centre in collaboration with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) are hosting tax clinics to support international students in preparation of income tax and benefit returns. These clinics are hosted by student volunteers and can support international students who have a modest income and a simple** tax situation.
The Tax Clinic will run from March 19 to April 18, 2019 every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 9-12 and 1-4, by appointments only.
*We are not able to help those who are self-employed or have business income.
Tax help will be limited to families with the following income levels: 1 Adult—earned less than $30,000; 2 Adults—earned less than $35, 000
To make an appointment request please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide us with your contact phone number in your request email. We will call you back to CONFIRM your appointment. At Your Pre-Booked Appointment you will need to BRING:
- Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) or Individual Tax Number (ITN)
- Immigration documentation with your date of entry into Canada if you arrived in 2018.
- A copy of last year’s Income Tax Return or your Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment (usually received in July 2018).
- Any ‘T’ slips received for 2018 income (e.g. T4, T4A, T5).
- Any other notices or letters received from Canada Revenue Agency.
- A record of any cash income you received.
- The total of your world income before you came to Canada from all sources in 2018 in Canadian Dollars.
- T2202A – can be obtained from SOLUS.
- Rent receipts for 2018.
- Banking information for direct deposit (transit number)
- Bring a USB to save your return as a PDF file.