Frequently Asked Questions
Hello International Students, here are some answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to the current COVID situation:
Post Graduate Work Permit – will courses moving online impact my PGWP?
- IRCC confirmed that taking online course due to COVID-19 will not affect PGWP application.
I’m going home, what do I need to get back into Canada?
- If leaving Canada, check the expiry date of your study permit and visa/eTA. You will need valid immigration documents to re-enter Canada.
My Study Permit and Visa (TRV) will expire soon, what should I do?
- You do need to apply extension of your study permit before its expiry date. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get instruction on how to apply study permit extension.
I want to stay in my residence room, can I?
- Please refer to the information provided by Residence, https://residences.housing.queensu.ca/covid-19-information/
If I get sick, what health insurance coverage do I have?
- For information about UHIP email email@example.com.
- For information about plans offered by the Student Governments visit: https://quic.queensu.ca/international-students-and-staff/health-insurance-and-care/supplementary-health-coverage/
I’m feeling very stressed/anxious/unsure, where can I go for help?
- QUIC remains open, on reduced hours, and continues to offer 1:1 advising. For anyone who would like to arrange an appointment with an International Advisor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Advising appointments by video and phone are available.
- If you are feeling overwhelmed or concerned, please take advantage of the services offered through Faith and Spiritual Life, Student Wellness Services. TAO and Empower Me provide 24/7 confidential counselling by phone and online.
Queen’s is regularly updating the Coronavirus COVID-19 website which is an excellent source of information, https://www.queensu.ca/covidinfo/