- This event has passed.
Social Insurance Number Clinic with Service Canada
September 1 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm EDT
New and returning international students can obtain their Social Insurance Number (SIN) at the QUIC in-person between Aug. 29 to Sept. 1, 9:00am to 3:00pm when Service Canada staff will be on site. Social Insurance Number is required in Canada in order for an employer to pay an employee.
Individual appointments are required so reserve your time slot in advance for the Clinic. Book your SIN appointment on the iCent app today! https://quic.queensu.ca/icent/
To your appointment you must bring the following ORIGINAL documents:
– Your Passport
– Your Study Permit (with remarks stating “May work…” or “May accept employment…”)
How to book your appointment on the Queen’s international student iCent app:
– download your iCent app if you have not already
– Click on the ‘SIN Clinic’ widget in the iCent app
– Fill out the appropriate questions
– Select the reason as ‘SIN Clinic 1’ or ‘SIN Clinic 2’ (they are the same, just pick one)
– Leave the campus and staff as ‘Any Campus’ and ‘Any Staff’
– Choose your desired date of appointment and book. Note- Each student will only be able to book one appointment slot.
– You will receive a confirmation email for the same on your email.
Any questions, contact the QUIC International Student Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org