- This event has passed.
Drop-in In-person Advising with the ISAs: Morning
December 13, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am EST
|Drop-in Advising for International Students is provided in person today (at the QUIC).|
QUIC’s International Student Advisors (ISAs) understand the unique experiences that international students, and newcomers to Canada, can have as they start their studies and build their lives in a new country. We are here to provide you with advice/guidance/information to assist in your transition to studying at Queen’s and living in Kingston. We specialize in supporting international students, new Canadians, Permanent Residents, and their families. We can assist with the following and more:
- Learning to navigate the local and academic culture of Queen’s and Kingston;
- Feelings of homesickness, loneliness and isolation;
- Understanding and accessing health services;
- Learning about how beautiful Canadian weather can be.
QUIC ISAs are Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors and can provide you with information on immigration regulations as they relate to your studies in Canada, including:
- Study permits;
- Working on or off campus eligibility;
- Visitor Visa;
- Spousal Work Permits.
QUIC’s ISAs are also available by email.