- This event has passed.
In Person Drop-in Advising with the ISA
October 27 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am EDT
|Today, the Drop-in Advising is provided in-person (Mitchell Hall).|
QUIC’s International Student Advisors (ISAs) understand the unique experiences that international students, and newcomers to Canada, can have as they start their studies and build their lives in a new country. We are here to provide you with advice/guidance/information to assist in your transition to studying at Queen’s and living in Kingston. We specialize in supporting international students, new Canadians, Permanent Residents, and their families. We can assist with the following and more:
- Learning to navigate the local and academic culture of Queen’s and Kingston;
- Feelings of homesickness, loneliness and isolation;
- Understanding and accessing health services;
- Learning about how beautiful Canadian weather can be.
QUIC ISAs are Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors and can provide you with information on immigration regulations as they relate to your studies in Canada, including:
- Study permits;
- Working on or off campus eligibility;
- Visitor Visa;
- Spousal Work Permits.
QUIC’s ISAs are also available by email.