Volunteers are a vital and integral part of QUIC activities. The Centre works with more than 100 volunteers each year. Most of QUIC volunteers are Queen’s University students.
- Share your knowledge and experiences with others
- Meet new people; form new friendships
- Get involved with the Queen’s community
- Develop new skills and improve old ones
- Access training opportunities with QUIC and with the DSA
- Have fun!
QUIC English Conversation Program in the Fall Term recruits student volunteers (peers) to support international students who wish to improve their English conversation skills. Program volunteers typically contribute 2 hours of their time each week. We meet weekly in the Conversation Group on Thursdays, 5:30 pm at the QUIC.
Are you interested in volunteering? Please contact the Program Coordinator for more information.
The World Link Program is an intercultural program that promotes learning, sharing, acceptance, and celebration of diverse cultures within the Queen’s community. The program delivers intercultural learning and exchange through sessions and social activities at QUIC. Several volunteer positions are available for Fall 2019. Please email for more information.
Orientation and training sessions for new volunteers
Upon submitting your volunteer application, you will be contacted by the program coordinator. All new volunteers are required to attend training & orientation sessions specific to the program of interest. Additional training opportunities are periodically offered through the Student Experience Unit in the Division of Student Affairs.
Volunteers are strongly encouraged to participate in the QUIC Intercultural Competence Certificate training program. Attendance at all scheduled sessions is required in order to receive the Certificate. Students must register for this training by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Search for volunteering in other student peer programs at the Division of Student Affairs
- Search for various other volunteer opportunities for students at Queen’s
- United Way Kingston Volunteer Centre