Queen's IETP and CBIE sign MOU
The International Educators Training Program (IETP) is pleased to be collaborating with the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) to deliver face-to-face training to international education professionals across the country.
CBIE and the International Educators Training Program (IETP) are both committed to the recognition of professionals in the field of international education. They are also committed to ensuring that high quality training opportunities are accessible to as many professionals working across Canada as possible.
From this commitment, CBIE and the IETP have come to an agreement to collaborate in the delivery of IETP training at annual and regional CBIE meetings. This method of delivery will ensure that professionals in all regions of Canada will have access to IETP courses and workshops; moving the training around the country will allow professionals to significantly reduce their travel expenses and to participate in a wide range of meaningful training options.
The IETP offers face-to-face training in various locations across Canada. This training provides practical skills-based training for international education professionals. Core curriculum developed by the IETP is offered alongside courses and workshops developed by select training partners.
IETP Core Courses (required elements of the IETP Certificate program):
- IETP I: Advising & Programming for New Professionals in the Field of International Education – Working With Incoming International Students
- IETP I: Advising & Programming for New Professionals in the Field of International Education – Working With Outbound Students
- IETP I: Building Intercultural Skills and Approaches for International Education
- IETP I: Communication Skills Development for Working with Cultural Newcomers: A Socio-cultural Competency Training (SCT) Approach
- IETP I: Formation en orientation et en programmation pour nouveaux professionnels en éducation internationale : travailler auprès d’étudiants internationaux entrants
- IETP II: Advanced Topics in International Education
IETP Training Partners
- UBC's Centre for Intercultural Studies
- World Education Services (WES) Canada
- Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI), LLC
- Cultural Detective®
Partner courses will be offered by the IETP according to demand. Watch the IETP Courses page for current offerings.