On-Site Services and Programs
The International Student Advisors, provide assistance with:
- immigration issues
- taxation matters
- English Language Support Program.
- And facilitates social and cultural events such as:
- Orientation Week Bus Trip
- Niagara Fall Bus Trip
- Ottawa Bus Trip
- Winterlude (Ottawa) Bus Trip
- Hockey Tournament (for non-skaters)
- Learn to Skate
- Winter Activity
The Cross-cultural Counselor provides professional counselling and guidance for International Students.
QUIC offers a number of resources aimed at assisting students in their adjustment to life in Kingston/at Queen’s:
- The Living In Kingston Guide provides a wealth of information on your experience in Kingston – from shopping tips to daycares.
- The Soft Landings Video Series is a multi-topic orientation video series.
- Employment Advice is available for international students.
- International Student Clubs offer social and cultural support for students.
- Volunteer Opportunities at QUIC are listed for students consideration.
- Information Sessions on topics such as Immigration, Income Tax, and Learning to Love Winter are held throughout the academic year.
- Advice and assistance to students wishing to get involved in their community is provided.
- The QUIC Resource Library houses print and audio/visual resources on a variety of cross-cultural and international education related topics
- The Calendar of Events page lists upcoming social, cultural and education events.
- Cultural Adjustment workshops