Invitation to Queen’s SOAR
The SOAR program aims to help ease the transition of incoming first-year students and their families. Participants will have an opportunity to learn about academic expectations, resources, learning strategies, and common student transition issues, as well as meet upper-year students, tour a residence room, and have their questions and concerns addressed.
This one-day summer orientation program offers students and families a unique opportunity to:
- Meet with an advisor to assist you in choosing your courses
- Connect with peers and develop a campus support network before the fall semester starts
- Consult with an accessibility specialist, residence staff, or dining hall staff about any academic or living accommodation needs
- Meet upper-year students in your program and the professors and advisors who are committed to your success
- Tour a residence building and become acquainted with campus
- Learn about specific health and wellness supports on campus, including health services, counselling, and accessibility services
- Prepare effectively for new academic expectations
Register today! The SOAR program runs throughout the month of July. Programming varies depending on your faculty/program, so make sure you register for the correct day. Please note that Arts & Science also includes students in Concurrent Education, Computing, Fine Arts, Music, and Kinesiology and Physical Education. Students heading to the Bader International Study Centre in the fall should register for one of the BISC days, and not for Arts & Science. Dates are: Arts & Science: July 6-9; Commerce and Engineering: July 14-15; Nursing: July 14; BISC July 7-8.
Program Cost: Registration fees for SOAR 2017 are $45 +HST for student tickets and $30 +HST for guest tickets. There is a maximum of 3 guest tickets per student. The fee includes all programming, light refreshments upon your arrival in the morning, an all-you-care-to-eat lunch, and a parking permit for your program day.