Income Tax Workshops at QUIC
International students and workers at Queen’s University are supported by QUIC in many ways. The support continues into the Canadian ‘tax season’. QUIC advisors will help participants in Tax Workshops to learn how to file for their income tax. This March and April, QUIC has organized 10 workshops to choose from:
- Tuesday March 7th 10:00am – 12:30pm
- Wednesday March 8th 5:30pm -8:00pm
- Thursday March 16th 10:00am – 12:30pm
- Tuesday March 21st 2:30pm -5:00pm
- Wednesday March 29th 2:30pm – 5:00pm
- Monday April 3rd 10:00am – 12:30pm
- Friday April 7th 2:30pm – 5:00pm – Cancelled due to construction work at the JDUC
- Monday April 10th 5:30pm – 8:00pm
- Wednesday April 12th 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Wednesday April 19th 5:30pm – 8:00pm
- Friday April 21st 5:30pm – 8:00pm (last workshop)
Workshops are for international students/staff seeking help in completing income tax forms using freely-available online tools.
Please note! To participate in this workshop you must:
- bring your own computer compatible with UFile’s online tool
- have your T2202A (from SOLUS),
- your T4 (outlining employment income, if applicable),
- T4A (outlining scholarships and/or bursaries, if applicable),
- record of rent you paid to a private landlord in 2016 (and previous years, if applicable), and
- your Social Insurance Number (SIN) or Individual Tax Number (ITN).
Details about these documents and information about the benefits of completing Canadian tax forms are available on the Taxes page of QUIC’s site.
The workshop will walk participants through the 2016 version of the software (but those who have other years of tax forms to complete are welcome). Some participants will be able to use the software to submit their tax forms electronically, while others will only be able to use the software to complete their forms for printing and submission by mail.