Acculturation and Transition to Life and Academic Success (ATLAS)
Are you an international student coming to Queen’s for the first time?
Will you be a first year undergraduate student at Queen’s in September 2015?
Would you like a “head start” to adjust to life and studies at Queen’s?
If you answered YES to these questions, then the ATLAS program may be for you!
What is ATLAS?
- A series of online webinars (during the summer) and in-person opportunities (in September), to help international undergraduate students adjust to Queen’s and prepare for academic success.
How much does it cost to participate?
- There is no cost to participate in ATLAS.
How will I benefit if I participate?
- The program aims to support your cultural, social, and academic adjustment to Queen’s
- By participating in the program, you will…
- Meet and start to develop friendships with both first year and upper year international and domestic students at Queen’s
- Learn about academic and library resources as well as meet academic support and library staff available for your academic success
- Learn about healthy lifestyle choices on campus that will support your academic success
- Learn how to recognize signs of your own mental health or stress and meet people who can support any personal and academic challenges you may face
- Be encouraged and supported to maintain your identity and culture while engaging with diverse social and academic communities at Queen’s
- Begin to feel a sense of belonging and community at Queen’s and a sense of confidence that you can succeed personally, socially and academically
The Queen’s ATLAS Program
Meeting your diverse adjustment and transition needs…