Acculturation and Transition to Life and Academic Success (ATLAS)
Are you an international student coming to Queen’s for the first time?
Will you be a first year undergraduate student at Queen’s in September 2014?
Would you like a “head start” to adjust to life and studies at Queen’s?
If you answered YES to these questions, then the ATLAS program may be for you!
What is ATLAS?
- A one-day program held on Queen’s campus, to help international undergraduate students adjust to and prepare for academic success at Queen’s
When does ATLAS happen?
- Pre-program reception on Saturday, August 30th, 2014, 7 – 9 PM (optional attendance)
- All day program on Sunday, August 31, 2014, from 9 – 3:30 PM (required attendance) (ends before orientation activities begin)
How much does it cost to participate?
- The program costs $75. If you are selected to participate, $125 will be charged to your student account in order to hold your spot. $50 will be returned to you after you attend the program.
- This cost ($75) includes: a free light dinner on Saturday (if you choose to attend); one day early move-in (for those living in a Queen’s residence for the academic year); the day of programming, as well as a light breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Sunday.
How will I benefit if I participate?
- The program aims to support your cultural, social, and academic adjustment to Queen’s
- By participating in the program, you will…
- Meet and start to develop friendships with both first year and upper year international and domestic students at Queen’s
- Learn about academic and library resources as well as meet academic support and library staff available for your academic success
- Learn about healthy lifestyle choices on campus that will support your academic success
- Learn how to recognize signs of your own mental health or stress and meet people who can support any personal and academic challenges you may face
- Be encouraged and supported to maintain your identity and culture while engaging with diverse social and academic communities at Queen’s
- Begin to feel a sense of belonging and community at Queen’s and a sense of confidence that you can succeed personally, socially and academically
There are limited spaces.
Registration is now Closed!
The Queen’s ATLAS Program
Meeting your diverse adjustment and transition needs…