Preferred Health Care Providers
If you need an ambulance, the Police Department or the Fire Department, call: 9-1-1 immediately.
In a non-emergency situation and you need health advice, please call: Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) This service allows you to speak directly (and anonymously) to a Registered Nurse, 24 hours per day.
Preferred Providers – In Kingston:
- Student Wellness Services – 146 Stuart St. – LaSalle Bldg. To book an appointment call 613-533-2506, Mon.-Fri. 8:30am-4:30pm. Extended hours: Mon, Tues, & Fri: 5:00pm – 7:30pm
- CDK Family Medicine and Walk-In Clinic – 175 Princess St. 613-766-0318 Open Mon.-Fri. 9am-7pm, Sat. and Sun. 10am-2pm
- Hotel Dieu Hospital (for non-life threatening emergencies) – 166 Brock St. Open daily 8am-8pm
- Children’s Outpatient Walk-In Clinic(Hotel Dieu Hospital) available– Mon.-Fri. 9am-4pm 613-544-2153
- Kingston General Hospital – KGH (for life-threatening emergencies) – 76 Stuart St. Open 24 hours
Preferred Providers – in other Ontario cities
Prior to travel within Ontario, you are encouraged to access the Preferred Provider Network to find clinics and hospitals within the UHIP billing network, to understand the process and to minimize cost to you.