Preferred Health Care Providers
To visit any health clinics or hospitals you must bring with you:
- Proof of your health coverage (UHIP card or document of coverage);
- Your Queen’s University student/staff card, and;
- A Sun Life claim form (if possible)
If you need an ambulance, the Police Department or the Fire Department, call: 9-1-1 immediately.
In a non-emergency situation and you need health advice, please call: Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) This service allows you to speak directly (and anonymously) to a Registered Nurse, 24 hours per day.
Preferred Providers – In Kingston:
- Student Wellness Services – 146 Stuart St. – LaSalle Bldg. To book an appointment call 613-533-2506, Mon.-Fri. 8:30am-4:30pm. Extended hours: Mon, Tues, & Fri: 5:00pm – 7:30pm
- CDK Family Medicine and Walk-In Clinic – 175 Princess St. 613-766-0318 Open Mon.-Fri. 9am-7pm, Sat. and Sun. 10am-2pm
- Hotel Dieu Hospital (for non-life threatening emergencies) – 166 Brock St. Open daily 8am-8pm
- Children’s Outpatient Walk-In Clinic(Hotel Dieu Hospital) available– Mon.-Fri. 9am-4pm 613-544-2153
- Kingston General Hospital – KGH (for life-threatening emergencies) – 76 Stuart St. Open 24 hours
Preferred Providers – in other Ontario cities
See International Health Care Network and select ‘Register Now’. You will need your policy number (050150), an email address, and password to access the system. It is always a good idea to find clinics and hospitals in other locations prior to travelling.