World Link Volunteer Program
QUIC’s World Link Volunteer Program is intended to support the intercultural experiences of Queen’s students, to create opportunities for students to act as resources to others interested in going abroad or learning more about specific international destinations and to highlight the varied international experiences of Queen’s students on campus. This is a chance for international students or students who have recently returned from abroad to share their international experiences and act as international ambassadors at Queen’s.
Who can be a World Link Volunteer?
- International/exchange students or students who have recently returned from an international experience of at least three months
- Volunteers must be available between October 1 and March 31
- Volunteers must be able to attend a mandatory orientation session on September 30
- Volunteers with a strong interest in sharing personal international experiences with others in dynamic, creative and cross-culturally sensitive ways
What are the Responsibilities of World Link Volunteers?
Program tasks may include:
- Completing a volunteer profile highlighting international experience
- Presenting informal sessions on experiences abroad
- Writing for the QUIC blog
- Giving interviews on experiences abroad for Queen’s Radio or QTV
- Creating individually designed projects intended to share volunteers’ international experiences and highlight the value of international perspectives at Queen’s
- Hosting and showcasing regional cultural highlights at QUIC Community Lunches
- Organizing events on campus for International Education Week
- Contributing to QUIC promotional efforts and international events on campus when necessary
- Other special projects as proposed
What Level of Commitment is Required by a World Link Volunteer?
The approximate expected time commitment is 6 – 10 hours per month. Volunteers are required to sign up for specific tasks at the orientation and planning session.
How Do I Apply
Apply to volunteer by September 27, 2013 at 4:30 pm for the 2013-2014 academic year!
World Link Position Description
Applications are being accepted for the winter term until January 10, 2014.