Close to 140 students recently submitted their photos in the following categories:
- People and Culture
- Landscape (including nature and wildlife)
- My Home Away from Home
- Critical Global Issues
People’s Choice Award for 2014 was chosen by our fans on Facebook
Come see the exhibit of winning photos at QUIC March 18 – April 15
Students who participated this year:
- Had their photos shared with online communities at Queen’s and beyond
- Had their photos enlarged, printed and displayed at QUIC
- Won Prizes (Grand Prize is two Via Rail tickets from Kingston to Montreal, return – with other prizes donated by Kingston restaurants, and shops)
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting your photo(s) you are confirming that general consent of individuals in the photo was obtained when their photo was taken by you.
- QUIC reserves the right not to consider any entry it deems to be inappropriate.
- QUIC reserves the right to use all or part of all submitted photos in promotional materials, websites and social media.
- QUIC reserves the right to cancel or modify this contest due to fraud, virus, or other causes beyond our control.
- QUIC is not responsible for lost or late entries.
- Re-submissions from past years will not be accepted.
- By submitting photo(s), entrants consent that they have read and understood the terms and conditions, and release QUIC from all liability in connection with the production of photo(s).
History and Rationale of the Contest
In its 6th Annual Photo Contest QUIC believes that sharing the excitement of your international experiences with others, whether you are an international student commenting on your impression of life in Canada, or a Canadian student who had an invaluable experience abroad, is an important step in the building of understanding, appreciation and enjoyment across cultures. QUIC especially welcomes submissions from:
- International and Exchange students
- Students who have recently lived, studied, worked, volunteered or traveled abroad
- Students wanting to share international experiences in Canada or from a country of origin
Each year, a panel of judges chooses 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in each category, and one grand prize winner. Previous judging panels included:
- Director of Agnes Etherington Art Gallery
- Representative/Photographer from Camera Kingston
- Executive Director of the Society of Graduate and Professional Students (SGPS)
- President of the Alma Mater Society (AMS)
- QUIC’s International Student Advisor (and keen local photographer)
- An International Student with background in Film Studies