The Queen’s University International Centre (QUIC) has various associated clubs and organizations, each of which has membership open to international and Canadian students. Clubs are organized by geographic regions, religious groups, or social action interests.
The number and type of associated groups varies from year to year as the composition and interest of the student body changes. Groups are defined and managed by students, but may draw membership from the larger Queen’s and Kingston communities. Groups having a formal association with QUIC agree to have their membership open and to have a mandate consistent with that of the Centre.
You may find out more about these and other campus groups by attending Clubs Night in September or by contacting the specific group.
What is on this page
List of Associated Clubs
Each group has a mailbox in the Centre if you want to make contact with them and are having difficulty doing so electronically. Links to further information have been provided, if available.
If you are a member of a club that you believe should be included, please ensure that you have completed the necessary paperwork with our office. A complete list of clubs associated with the Alma Mater Society (AMS), the undergraduate student government, can be found at the AMS clubs web page.
- African and Caribbean Students’ Association (ACSA)
- Cultural Engagement Group (CEG)
- Egyptian Student Association in North America (ESANA)
- International Food Appreciation Team (IFAT)
- Japanese Relations at Queen’s (JRQ)
- Nepalese Student Society at Queen’s (NSSQ)
- Queen’s Asian Cooking Club (QACC)
- Queen’s Bangladeshi Students’ Association (QBSA)
- Queen’s Black Academic Society (QBAS)
- Queen’s Chinese Press (QCP)
- Queen’s Chinese Student Association (QCSA)
- Queen’s Chinese Students and Scholars Association (QCSSA)
- Queen’s Ethnomusicology Club (QEC)
- Queen’s Hong Kong Students’ Association (QHKSA)
- Queen’s Project on International Development (QPID)
- Queen’s South Asian Association (QSAA)
- Queen’s Taiwanese Student Association (QTSA)
- Queen’s Tamil Student Association (Q Tamil SA)
- Queen’s Union on Tropical Access to Health (QUOTAH)
- Queen’s University Muslim Student Association (QUMSA)
- Queen’s Vietnamese Student Association (QVSA)
- World Link
Safety, Security and Good Housekeeping Training (for Associated Clubs)
All associated clubs that book rooms at QUIC must have representatives trained in the safe use of the Centre. Please call our Reception desk (613.533.2604) for a schedule of these sessions.
Booking Rooms at QUIC (for Associated Clubs)
After you have decided on which dates you prefer to meet and hold special events, contact the Centre’s main office to see whether the space you need is available. If so, complete the necessary paperwork (facility rental & waiver of liability, food waiver and special occassion permit-if required). Make sure to allow approximately 2 weeks so that the paperwork can be approved by all necessary parties.
Keys for your group’s booking will only be signed out to trained members from your group and between the hours of 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. weekdays.
Cultural Events Calendar
QUIC’s blog includes a listing of events offered by associated clubs and other organizations on campus. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of events that you would like included in the listing.